Coughing is the body’s reflex to clean the throat area from irritants such as smoke, dust, gas, toxic gases… or swallowing food and liquids incorrectly or sometimes foreign objects.
Cough is also a common symptom of many different diseases and is classified as follows:
- Dry cough: cough that is not accompanied by mucus (sputum). The more you cough, the more the patient feels a burning sensation in the throat, chest tightness and sometimes pain in the navel area because when coughing, the diaphragm contracts and pushes up and down many times. consecutive. Dry coughs are common when you have colds, flu, allergies, dust, cigarette smoke, etc.
- Phlegmy cough: a cough that involves phlegm being secreted from the throat, alveoli, or bronchi. Common in bronchitis, asthma (spastic bronchitis in children), inflammation in the early stages of measles, chickenpox…
- Hemoptysis: coughing with blood, is the most severe condition of the cough classification, a sign of dangerous diseases, can be a sign of tuberculosis or lung cancer. It can also occur when: Chest trauma, Damage to arteries inside the lungs, bronchiectasis, Pulmonary embolism,…
The nature of coughing is a beneficial reflex that helps clear the airways. However, if coughing lasts for a long time, it will be very inconvenient in daily life, affect the quality of life and make the patient’s body tired.
Currently, there are many drugs for cough treatment with different mechanisms, but drugs made from natural medicinal herbs are always preferred by patients with the advantage of high effectiveness and limited unwanted effects.
OPC is a leading company in researching, extracting and manufacturing natural medicines that has researched and launched TUSSIDAY Cough Pills combining 3 Eucalyptol essential oils, Qin Qin leaf essential oil and Ginger essential oil on the production line. Meets GMP-WHO standards.
- Eucalyptol has respiratory antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-allergic, decongestant, and antipyretic properties used to treat coughs, reduce phlegm, bronchitis, and treat flu.
- Ash essential oil has strong antibiotic effects against some bacteria that cause coughs such as: Staphylococcus, Salmonella typhi, Shigella sonnei, etc. Often used to treat colds, coughs, sore throats, and hoarseness.
- Ginger essential oil: has the effect of eliminating phlegm, treating colds, losing voice in coughs, and preventing vomiting.
TUSSIDAY cough tablets treat coughs, sore throats, runny noses, and flu. Disinfects the respiratory tract. Thins mucus and soothes coughs. TUSSIDAY cough tablets are safe to use for children 30 months and older with a dose of 3 times a day, 1 tablet each time, adults take 2 tablets each time, 3 times a day.
OPC’s new product Tussiday Cough Pills has a soft capsule dosage form that is easy to swallow, quickly absorbed, easy to dose, and very convenient to use.